Wednesday 7 December 2011

A Review of Breaking Dawn

So, recently I saw Twilight: Breaking Dawn with my friends Jess and Sze Yee for their birthdays. Even thought I wasn’t much of a fan of Twilight, it’s still somewhat of a tradition to go and see the Twilight Saga with Jess. Normally, I wouldn’t favour it – things would be really corny and ridiculous for my liking, only the soundtrack would be adequate for my mind; but this was actually pretty good. Going into the movie, I had re-watched Twilight and New Moon, but I had not seen Eclipse since the movie, so I was a little confused with some events in Breaking Dawn: however, I did enjoy it. Just like I review Doctor Who episodes, I thought I would review Breaking Dawn Part One.

Originally, I was looking forward to this movie, I mean, it had two big things that everyone would have been looking forward to, fan or not. So I went, looking forward to the wedding and the birth... and I wasn’t let down. The wedding was pretty good, but the way they made the birth scene was amazing, particularly since it had to be cut down to avoid an R 18+ rating.

Likes
·  CGI – the CGI of the wolves and Jacob’s imprint was amazing
·  The name EJ would have been nice.
·  Bella’s make-up. She looked a lot more colourful and alive in this movie. Perhaps it was because they had to contrast the alive Bella with the nearly-dead-and-pregnant Bella.
·  The gaunt, strained look was amazing.

Dislikes
·  The end music and credits were CRAP. For all the effort they had put into the CGI for the movie, couldn’t they have spared a little bit of the budget for end credits? It looked like a primary schooler had done it on Windows Movie Maker or something.
·  The name Renesme.

Interesting
·  Isn’t it weird to think that Jacob would always be about 20 years older than Renesme? Kind of ew...
·  How would Renesme grow up? If vampires never age, doesn’t that mean that Renesme would stay a baby?
·  I found it interesting that they included a scene from the first novel in this movie (I only know this because of when Charlie McDonnell took over from Alex reads Twilight in “Charlie Reads Twilight”). They took the bit at the start in Bella’s Bedroom where Edward tells Bella that he went off and killed people when he first became a vampire. It was initially said in front of the Cullen family when Bella goes over and meets them for the first time in Twilight. However, it was a good placement for the scene.

So, I know I would say I would shoot people if they talked to me about Twilight, and I will, but not if they talk to me about Breaking Dawn.

Until Next Time, Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment