Thursday 16 February 2012

Dream – Hank Green and the DWSS

I had this dream on the night between the 4th and 5th of February 2012. On the 4th, I had gone to the Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular (DWSS) (which was amazing), and this dream takes place there.

******

I was in the foyer of the Plenary Hall in the Exhibition Centre, waiting for the doors to open, and I saw this tall guy with blonde hair walk in, looking kind of lonely. I recognised him after a second ... IT WAS HANK GREEN!!!

Naturally, I had some fangirl moments, and really wanted a picture, but I was so nervous. It didn’t help that he was now walking confidently towards a group of people who were obviously his friends, so I thought I’d better back off and not ask for a picture. But, being me, I followed him around (from a distance) until I saw him alone.

I ran up to him and produced out of my bad, my notepad and a pen. He signed on the last blank page a pair of Hanklerfishes and his name. We talked for a little bit, while he was signing, and he was saying how he was trying to keep a low profile. I knew he was joking, and joked with him, sarcastically stating that the best place to keep a low profile was at a Doctor Who gathering, especially this one where (I bet) there were heaps of people who knew who he was (because of the amount of people wearing Tee-Fury shirts [Tee-Fury = littleradge = Chameleon Circuit = Nerdfighteria = Hank Green]). Then we got a passer by to take a picture of us together.

******

The dream ended there, but IT WAS SO AWESOME! And quite realistic too, if you don’t take into account that Hank Green was in Australia and had no fans surrounding him.

The DWSS was really good. They had Daleks and Silence and Cybermen and Vampire girls and Silurians and the Astronaut! (I know, bad grammar. I’m excited, give me a break.) I filmed most of it, but the angle that I held the camera sometimes aimed at the roof, so the first bit of the performance was mainly filmed with the roof on the screen. But, from the Matt Smith appearance, I filmed it alright (except for the Doctor Who theme because THE DAMN BATTERY RAN OUT!). I’ll be posting more onto YouTube at a later date, but for now, here is the Matt Smith video.



Until Next Time, Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment