Wednesday 7 December 2011

Contradictory English

What I just realised is that the world has two very contradictory phrases.
· “The pen is mightier than the sword”
· “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me”

This came to my mind when I was listening to Alex Day’s song, “The World is Mine (I Don’t Know Anything)” where he sings, “And the pen is stronger, than any sharpened sword, but every word I write to you makes me feel like a fool,” and this made me think of how words, although they can be intended to do good, they can be seen as hurtful towards others. However the second phrase puts forth the idea that weapons would hurt a person more... hmm...

...

... Wow... remind me to write something happy next time.

Until Next Time, Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment