Friday 16 December 2011

Random Wibble #1

Well, I’ve had this blog for a while, but have always written articles of a certain topic, so this blog has never really lived up to its name. However, I have now compiled enough wibble for me to kind of make a scrap book blog of sorts – all of these are random notes that I have taken down over the past month and shall now be published, here, on this very blog. Aren’t you special?

 I was initially going to write a blog about how people can look professional when playing an instrument, but decided that it was too short for an actually article. So:
Have you ever wondered how people playing the piano always look so professional? Well, I have a couple of notes for you to make people believe that you can play professionally.
1.       Lean back and forth and look left and right. Most piano players are Asian, so they need glasses. As a result, they look at their page/keys quite often.
2.       Closing your eyes... well not really. When it appears that pianists are closing their eyes, they make it look like they are “feeling the music” and, quite frankly, are showing off. However, The secret is, that they are squinting. As noted in the previous point, most piano players are Asian, so they need glasses, and when they play, it’s rare to see a pianist with glasses on. So, even when they are wearing contacts, they are squinting at their music.

I wanted to write a crimp, like in the Mighty Boosh, but had no ideas about what to write about. I didn’t want to write one about Doctor Who or something, because that’s very typical of me, and I wanted to be challenged. The Might Boosh often crimped about foods, e.g. soup and cheese, and I thought you guys could leave comments below about what inanimate objects I could crimp about.

I am the only Lian Meacco in the world! This is because “Lian” is already a pretty uncommon name but “Meacco” is even less common. The name Meacco is the Italian version of Mejak (May-yark), which is the Croatian/Yugoslavian version of the name. Basically, when our family was captured by the Italians during WW2, the name got changed as Italians don’t have the letters “j” or “k”. When the family immigrated to Australia, my Nono couldn’t be brothered to change the name back to Mejak.

I have the same birthday with Alex Day (Nerimon) and Lindsay McDonnell (lilliesarelike). And I have four other friends who have the same birthdays as the other people in Chameleon Circuit.

When playing music to strangers, be free to play your own music. The worst that can happen is that they don’t like the music. I often play my own Nerdfighter music and not care about what people think. Also, if you play it to strangers, they would immediately be attracted to you and your music, as they would be curious as to what the hell is playing. This way, they don’t hate the music. For example, if you played Justin Beiber to a crowd of Eminem fans, they would boo and shun, but if you played Rhett & Link to a crowd of Eminem fans, they would be intrigued as the music style is similar, and they may even end up liking Nerdfighter music more than their mainstream pop-rock music.

Until Next Time, Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment