Friday 9 December 2011

Living With Neighbours

Near to where I live, are the television studio and various locations in which the TV show Neighbours is filmed, including, the infamous Ramsay Street (which is called Pin Oak Court). It seems so strange to me, because I’ve grown up in this area, that people come and see the houses. Actually, no, not strange, stupid.

Every time I look outside, I see another Neighbours decorated bus, leaving the studio, filled with excited British people. I know that I would get excited about, for example, being at the water tower at the Millennium Centre, where the supposed rift in time and space and Torchwood Hub is, but that’s for a show that has much more integrity than Neighbours. The show is actually shunned in Australia, but it’s the overseas audience that keeps it going, and I don’t see why.

Maybe I’m contradicting myself. I probably am. My point is that if you want to visit a famous filming location, make sure it’s of a worthwhile show, not a soap opera like Neighbours.

Until Next Time, Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment