Saturday 10 March 2012

BEDIM Day 10 - Music Matters

My taste in music, well, isn’t really what you’d expect to hear. I mean, very few people have heard of the bands I like, so no-one would expect to know them... unless I was at a Nerdfighter gathering or something. But my taste in music is still good, and the artists I like are even better than the rubbish Top 40 songs that are our now. YES I’M TALKING ABOUT GYM CLASS HEROES’ STEREO HEARTS! (Also, the rapping in Back Home is also rubbish (it has no set beat) but at least Neon Hitch makes it a little better.) But my sister, who is undeniably a sheep as she follows the crowd in liking rubbish music, seems to think that there is only one type of good music: her music. It seems that other people cannot have different tastes in music, unless they want to be seen as barbaric. Her argument usually ends with, “OK, then why isn’t any of your music in the Top 40?” and now I can say, “Actually, Alex Day’s Forever Yours got to Number 4 on the Christmas Charts in England, which is a huge market. And better still, he was unsigned.” And she would say, “Yeah, well, that’s England, it doesn’t count. Anyway, what about the rest of your songs? They didn’t get into the charts?” (Because apparently the only thing that means good music, are people buying other people’s rubbish songs so that they can stay at number one.) And I say, “It’s because their unsigned. They didn’t enter a talent show or anything, and that’s what they haven’t been spotted. The amount of hours record labels would have to use to sift through videos of babies laughing and cats purring, would send anybody mad, as well as they just can’t be bothered.” And at that, she walks away, mimicking me because she can’t come back with anything good. BOOYAH! Point to Lian :)

Anyway ... in case you were wondering:

Favourite Male Artists:

Favourite Female Artists:
- Pink

Favourite Bands:

And yes, I am aware that some of them are Top 40 artists, but if they haven’t been in the charts for a month, my sister doesn’t count them as good artists.

Artists I dislike:
- Lady Gaga
- Gym Class Heroes
- Reece Mastin
- Britney Spears
- 360
- One Direction
- Skirllex
- Chris Brown
- Cee Lo Green
- Taio Cruz
- Usher
- Flo Rida (Basically, most rap artists with the exception of Eminem)
 - Bruno Mars
- Gotye
- Lana Del Rey
... The list goes on and on and on and on and .....

Until Next Time, Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment