Thursday 1 March 2012

BEDIM Day 1

So, it’s the first day of Blog Every Day in March. I’m wondering if I’ll actually post every day, and if this will turn into a 31 posts in 31 days.

I thought I might start by giving y’all an update. So during the past 3 days, I’ve been going into Deakin for O Week. It’s been pretty good: there was free food and free stuff. On Monday I didn’t have anything on, but I met up with a couple of friends and met a couple of new ones. There was one girl, Taylor, who is in a band called Volatile Diversity, which is made up of members from her high school. She also plays 6 (?) instruments including 3 types of guitar. Why is it, that whenever I meet someone new, they are always so unbelievably talented?

On Tuesday I had a sort of meet and greet for my course in the morning which included a campus tour. They took us to a place called the learning space and they had the most awesome chairs. I call them the “Muahaha chairs” because they look like blue versions of the Emperors chair from Star Wars. I then walked around the stalls for a bit and I got so much free stuff. I got a laptop shoulder bag (for my imaginary laptop), a cap, a fancy type hat and a few vouchers for discounted hot chocolates. Then, for three hours I went on the computers in the library until a lecture at 3.

Then, yesterday, I went in for a lecture about going out to schools. We then were separated into groups. In my group, we played a sort of speed-dating game where we would say one lie and two truths. A lot of people thought that when I said I didn’t have Facebook, that it was the lie. BUT THEY WERE WRONG! All except for one girl called Amy. My two truths were that I didn’t have Facebook and that I loved Doctor Who, and my lie was that I liked avocado. When Amy was guessing she said, “It’s not Doctor Who, because I love Doctor Who,” ... OH MY GOD! EPICNESS! So, we high fived and in a treasure hunt later, we paired up and got talking about Doctor Who. Her full name is Amy Smith, which I like because it’s a mixture of Amy Pond and Matt Smith. It was awesome. And, like Taylor, she plays HEAPS of instruments, and so much more talented then me. Fun times.

Until Next Time, Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment