Friday 30 March 2012

BEDIM Day 30

So last night was awesome. It was my sister's (and my old school's) Chorals performance, and it was the first time that I had watched it on one of the nights without having to usher anyone in between acts. It was really relaxing.

The first vocal soloist was from Flynn who performed Holy Moses by Washington. AND SHE DIDN'T RUIN THE SONG! Thank God for that! She was actually really good and ended up being my favourite. There was a girl who sung an Adele song, but I think that she wasn't gutsy enough for Adele.

I totally forgot that it was last dayof school today, and I'm writing this from the local Maccas so there are SO MANY CHILDREN AROUND! I thought that it would be peacefully quiet, but no.

Back to Chorals.

All of the Instrumental Soloists were pretty average except for the Flynn girl who performed a Pirates of the Carribean medley on the piano. She was the best because she actually had dynamics in hers.

The small groups were all actually pretty good, except for Brennan who ruined Sara Barellis' Kalaidoscope Heart for me. Also, Cattanach wasn't that great. Flynn wasn't either because they did Sweet Disposition and they were all a bit out of sync at the start. But if they could fix it up for today's performance, I'm sure that they'll be pretty good... But Macca was the best one for that.

Lastly, the Big Groups. Big Groups is where anyone could join (compared to the others which all involved auditions). Cattanach was the first group and they did a Spice Girls medley. They were horrible! They couldn't hit any of the high notes which just made it really bad. Flynn was up next and they did Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne.... which they ruined..... Then there was Macca. My sister has been saying for the past 4 weeks that they are terrible and that that they can't win at all, but I found it to be the best Big Group of the night. Firstly, THEY WERE SMILING! None of the other houses had smiled so it made it terrible. Secondly, their sound was together. They performed Iko Iko by the Dixie Cups and because it's a fast song, I thought they were going to be really bad and that their sound was going to be disjointed, BUT IT WASN'T. Now, I'm not just saying this because I was in Macca, but I really liked it and think that they'll win Big Group. Brennan was the last group to perform and did Bad Romance.... No.... just, no.

So overall, the best soloists were from Flynn, and the best Groups were from Macca. It's going to be a close call. The adjudication is today, so when I get home I'll put up another post and let you people on the internet (the majority of who probably stopped reading at the second sentence or didn't read this at all) know what happened and how the day went down.

For me, I've still got another 4 days of Uni until my Easter break (and until my birthday). This weekend is going to be chock a block with work. I have to finish that role play once my group send me their information, write an essay explaining my twisted version of Hansel and Gretel (which I shall post up here once the assignment submissions are finished, as well as the Red Riding Hood one that I wrote as a trial), and make a menu for my work (but that one's not so important).

For now though, I have a party tonight and have to fill up a picture album for my friend whose party it is. Looking forward to all the drunk people that I get to video. And because I don't have FaceBook, it's like I have special permission or something. It's great :)

Until Next Time, Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment