Monday 12 March 2012

BEDIM Day 12

Last night I watched a program about linguistics and sound. It was really interesting, and the fact that Stephen Fry was hosting it was a bonus. He was seeing how quickly children adapt to the world around them to learn their first language. He interviewed this guys who taught his son Klingon as his first language but eventually the kid started to speak English, even if his dad was speaking Klingon. I was just thinking about the poor kid growing up. For example, when he’s ten and some of his friends can speak Italian, Greek or a Chinese dialect because they had family members who spoke those languages, just imagine the kid’s shame in saying that his Dad taught him Klingon as his first language? He’s going to be a laughing stock.

In other news, I just found out that Mark Williams, known best for bring Arthur Weasley in Harry Potter, is going to play Rory’s dad, Brian Williams in the next series of Who. I mean, I knew he was going to be in Who, I just didn’t know his role until now! See this post for more.

Until Next Time, Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment